DESCRIPTION: Picklesburgh is for everyone – from pickle fanatics to just pickle curious. With the help of our sponsors, vendors and volunteers, we’ve assembled a two-day event around all things pickled. It’s not just about pickled food though. No celebration would be complete without music. A broad selection of local musicians and genres will grace the stage, all set to the backdrop of a glorious Downtown Pittsburgh.
Some of the program highlights include:
- Handcrafted prepared foods and artisan cocktails featuring pickled ingredients from local chefs and restaurants, many of whom pride themselves on house-cured pickled ingredients.
- Traditional ethnic foods that incorporate pickling such as corned beef, sauerbraten, chow-chow, sauerkraut pierogies, pickled beet eggs and dilly beans.
- Pickle-themed snack foods like dill flavored popcorn, pickle flavored ice cream and deep-fried pickles.
- International foods that utilize traditional pickling methods such as kimchi, chutney and pickled ginger.
- DIY farm-to-table demonstrations and tips from pickling/canning experts, chefs and authors at the Whole Foods Market demo area.
- Merchandise: event memorabilia, pickle-themed gifts DIY products and cookbooks.
- Fun competitions like pickle-juice drinking contests.
- Live entertainment on the BNY Mellon Stage set to the backdrop of a glorious Downtown Pittsburgh.
Arts and crafts vendors wanted.
Food vendors wanted – to serve food at our event (food trucks, caterers, etc.)
Vendors who sell food items wanted (baked goods, candy, coffees, teas, dip mixes, spices, etc.)
Vendors that focus in or utilize pickled products are especially wanted.
EVENT CONTACT: Mairin Petrone, Marketing & Special Events Manager
EVENT WEBSITE: http://www.picklesburgh.com